You are here
1. Personal Information. Personal information is information that refers to or permits an individual to be identified. Personal information includes information that can be linked to you, such as your name, address, phone number, or e-mail address.
2. Collection of Information. Information may be collected in two ways when you use this Web Site. First, when you access the Web Site, non-personal information may automatically be exchanged between your computer and our server. In particular, the following information may be collected at that time: your Internet service provider's domain name, the type of browser and the operating system you are using to access this Web Site, the date and time of access and the pages you visit. Second, additional information may be collected when you request services offered on this Web Site. For example, when you contact us by e-mail or register in a protected portion of the Web Site, you may be asked to provide us with your name, telephone number, street or e-mail address.
3. Use of Personal Information. If you choose to provide us with personal information, we will use it to respond to your enquiries and to send you any products or services that you have requested from us. If you allow us to, we will use your personal information to send you publications and news in areas of potential interest to you. Your personal information may be combined with the information of others who use this Web Site in order to generate aggregated data that does not contain identifying information ("Aggregated Data"). Aggregated Data may be used by Servier Canada and its service providers to improve communications with you or, more generally, improve content on this Web Site.
For the above-noted purposes, your personal information may be shared, confidentially, with Servier Canada's service providers and agents. Please note that Servier Canada and its service providers may store or process your personal information outside of Canada (including in the United States), where local laws may require the disclosure of personal information to governmental authorities under circumstances that are different than those that apply in Canada.
5. Risks related to the Internet. Although efforts are made to prevent unauthorized access to and use of your personal information, complete confidentiality and security is not yet possible over the Internet. Any unencrypted e-mail communication over the Internet is, as with communications via any other medium, such as cellular phones, not secured or confidential, and is subject to possible interception, loss and/or alteration. You acknowledge and agree that Servier Canada, its affiliated companies, its service providers and agents or their respective employees, directors or officers, will not be liable in any manner whatsoever, to you or any third parties, for any damage as a result of information transmitted by e mail to Servier Canada. You assume all risks related to such communications.
7. Links to Other Sites. There are places throughout the Web Site that may link you to other Web sites that do not operate under Servier Canada's information privacy practices. When you click through to these Web sites, Servier Canada's information privacy practices no longer apply. We recommend that you examine the privacy statements for all third-party Web sites to understand their procedures for collecting, using, and disclosing your information. The links provided on this Web Site are provided for your convenience only. Servier Canada in no way controls, endorses or guarantees the sites linked to this Web Site and cannot be held responsible for their content or practices, particularly with respect to the protection of personal information and privacy.
8. Control and access to your information. You have a right to request access to your personal information by submitting a written request to Servier Canada Inc., 235, boul. Armand-Frappier, Laval, Quebec, H7V 4A7. You may also request, where appropriate, the rectification of any personal information. If a photocopy of your personal information is requested, reasonable charges, which will be communicated to you beforehand, may be imposed.
© Servier Canada Inc. 2017 - Effective Date: June 2017.